24 June 2015

Making miniature decals - Hacer calcomanias para miniaturas

I tried making miniature decals for the first time already some time last year. I made just few ones to start with and they came out fine. Here are two plates which I decorated with them then.

Now I wanted to make some more and I decided to make a whole sheet of them at a time. After printing the pictures on the paper (inkjet waterslide decal paper) I let the ink dry for half an hour before spraying the sheet with varnish a couple of times. Now I will just have to be patient enough to wait until the varnish has dried - that is the most difficult part! :-) 

8 comments:

Merja said...

Kauniit lautaset! Ja kuvasta päätellen monta hienoa mallia lisää tulossa.

shannonc60 said...

Your plates came out beautifully Minna. There is sooooo much patience required being a miniaturist isn't there? Even for the jobs that don't require much skill (eg printing out the decals and waiting for them to dry). And when you have a creative urge, that small amount of time can seem so long!

Minna Hatara said...

Oh yes, Shannon. Patience really is not a virtue of mine, but with this hobby I have learnt to be more patient and to enjoy the planning and waiting time too.

Giac said...

Hello Minna,
Terrific job on the plates. they look lovely.
Big hug,
Giac

Palmira Palazón Valera said...

Muy buena idea!!
besos

Hannah said...

Your plates looks great! I look forward to see the new ones finished too =)
Hannah

petitemoonbeams.blogspot.com said...

Where do you buy this type of paper?

Minna Hatara said...

I have bought the paper - inkjet waterslide decal paper - from Amazon.co.uk. :-)